Scope of Work
Working with the City of Portland and a local Civil Engineering Prime, a geotechnical investigation including drilling along an active park trail was completed. Our quickly responding investigation provided vital information and recommendations suitable for the design and upcoming construction of a failed culvert and its replacement.
This project has expanded to an additional eight locations, with more on the horizon. Each location involved exploration and specific recommendations regarding surrounding geological hazards and landslides.
- Emergency work – quickly responsive to the City’s needs
- Preliminary reporting of results
- Examination of “best” and “worst” case approach for construction/repair
- Recommendations for re-use of existing soils onsite for overall cost savings
- Enhanced active safety measures required for open park throughway
Exploration for this project was needed quickly, and our team provided preliminary results, working all aspects of the project in parallel to speed turnaround of a design report. The project Civil engineer proved able to provide plans and specifications back to the City within the time constraint ahead of difficult weather.