Scope of Work:
We performed a geotechnical investigation to support the development of a Full-Service Waste Transfer facility in Cornelius, Oregon, and understand the site’s overall suitability for development. Exploration included hollow-stem auger and mud rotary drilling, exploratory test pits, cone penetrometer, and stormwater infiltration testing. Our investigation included a seismic site-specific spectral response analysis in accordance with ASCE 7-16 standards. Detailed hydrogeologic parameters were resolved for stormwater system design through multiple methods of infiltration testing.
- ASCE 7-16 Seismic Code compliance
- Seismic Site-Specific Spectral Response Analysis
- Heavy pavement section design recommendations
- Multi-faceted exploration completed through multiple subcontracts and equipment types
- The facility includes approximately 30-foot cut to accommodate waste compactor tunnels