Scope of Work
Performed -multiple- geotechnical investigations, including drilling with two types of drilling rigs, a Cone Penetrometer, and infiltration testing on an active and busy college campus. These investigations were completed for the purpose of gathering data for a site-specific spectral response analysis in accordance with ASCE 7-16 standards. Exploration was also critical to the team to create a depth of rock profile for the installation of vertical and battered micropiles.
Further work engaged our firm directly with the structural engineers, the architects, and the micropile installation contractor, providing expert consulting to the Client.
- ASCE 7-16 and ASCE 41 seismic code compliance
- Site-specific spectral response
- Exploration and soil sampling work completed surrounded by active college campus
- Enhanced environmental and safety requirements
- Exploration completed through various subcontracts and equipment types
- Work completed in phases to allow for better cost control
This is an ongoing project spanning over the course of a few years. Our initial coordination and exploration under difficult constraints was successful. The geotechnical report and site-specific spectral response analysis was presented in a single report under the time schedule allotted.